Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 19-20: Cusco, Peru

The first two full days here in Cusco we took it easy. I woke up on Thursday morning feeling a bit better and ready to check out the town. We had a fair bit of things to take care of for the trek. No one had joined our 9 day trek so we decided to do a 5 day one instead leaving this Sunday. It is an alternative route to Macchu Picchu so it is less crowded. We are going with a Dutch couple, which will be saving us a lot of money. We just have to get some more warm weather stuff, sunglasses, and small daypacks to carry our stuff in. We ended up walking about 6 miles back and forth to the trek agency sorting things out. I guess it is good practice for the trek.

Last night we decided to go to the bar and hang out for a bit. They had an activity going on where if you draw a skeleton, you get a free bottle of Champagne. Ours was pretty awesome and ended up on the front door. It had a tophat and a cigar. Afterwards we went out for a little with some people to dance. It was a pretty good time.

Today is my birthday... woo hoo the big 22! Unfortunately I spent the day in the bathroom and in bed. I think tea that I had at this one little place didn´t boil the water. Getting dehydrated up here is 10x worse. I took two naps and tried to drink lots of water; hopefully I will recover by Sunday. I think I feel well enough now to go out with Allison and get some soup. Maybe I will be able to hangout and watch the band they have here at the hostel tonight.

Wish me luck

1 comment: